Over 57,187+ household members in the Aurora area were nourished last year, as 20,313+ guests visited Marie’s East & West side pantries to receive nutrition support.
OVER 20,313 GUESTS SERVED
- Volunteers provided a grocery cart full (~70 lbs) of nourishing food to over 20,313 guests in 2019.
- By “guests,” we mean an individual person who visits the pantry and fills a cart full of nutritious food to take home and share with their household.
- Guests may visit once a week to fill a cart with an average if 70 pounds of fresh produce, dairy, deli, frozen meats, baked goods, cereals, and canned goods.
- USDA calculates 1.2 pounds is an average meal (determined by age and appetite of individuals).
- Some personal care and household cleaning items are available as well.
57,187+ HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS NOURISHED
- Pantry guests brought groceries home to over 57,187 household members in 2019.
- Pantry guests brought groceries home to:
- 23,773 children under 18 yrs of age
- 28,560 persons aged 19-65
- 4,854 seniors over age 65
COMMUNITY GARDEN – 72.6% Growth
- Over 3,453 lbs of vegetables were harvested from Marie’s Community Garden.
- Local farmers and gardeners donated fresh produce. 72.6% increase from 2018
FOOD 4 STUDENTS – 98% Growth
Volunteers and Aurora’s educational community celebrated the 2nd year of ‘Food 4 Students’ program in Aurora’s schools in 2019.
- Served groceries to 1,785 East High students. 98% increase from 2018
- Students brought groceries to 7,215 household members, of whom 2,533 are younger siblings.
FOOD RESCUED, FOOD SHARED – 47.6% Growth
- Pantry volunteers shared ~ 642 tons of food with guests. 47.6% increase from 2018
- 155 tons of fresh produce. 12% increase from 2018
- 80% of all food shared came from the Food Rescue Program, which has grown to 40 trips to local grocers each week by Marie’s Food Rescue Volunteers.
SHARING FOOD 3+ DAYS A WEEK
- Pantry volunteers shared food with guests seeking support for their households on 174 days in 2019.
- Marie’s West Pantry
- Wednesdays 12 – 2 pm
- Fridays 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Marie’s East Pantry
- Sat. 9 – 11 am
- Two Thursdays per month for East High Students.