Thank you for hosting or considering hosting a food drive to help your Marie Wilkinson Food Pantry neighbors in need! Below are some tips to running a successful food drive. Please contact us for guidance and resources.
- When do you want to run a food drive?
- What types of food do you want to collect?
- Do you need any supplies?
- Do you have boxes for collecting food?
Set A Goal
- How much food do you want to collect?
- Do groups, clients, or departments want to challenge each other?
Promote Your Food Drive
- Make flyers and send emails with details.
- Where can the food be dropped off?
- What types of food can people donate? (see our list of most needed items)
- When is the food drive happening?
- Who is in charge?
Collect the Donation
- How is the food going to get to the MWFP?
Tell Everyone About Your Success!
- Take pictures and share with participants, the newspaper and the MWFP!
- Write a follow up story that can be used with your photos. We can help with this too! Just email us with a request.