With your hard work, great ideas, volunteering, donations and monetary gifts we have: (*as of October 31, 2016)
- Aided 20 COMMUNITIES
- Assisted 13,859 FAMILIES
- Totaling 42,881 GUESTS
With your kindness, generosity and spirit, we have provided the community with:
- 561,828 POUNDS of FOOD
- 14,264 VOLUNTEER HOURS
- Marie’s Community Garden Park sponsored by The Marie Wilkinson Food Pantry
- Dietary Education and Weekly Video Presentations on Eating for Health, Smart Food Choices, Cooking Demonstrations, Family Involvement, etc.
- A 10-week Diabetes Education Course partnered with the Northern Illinois Food Bank, Presence Health and Northwestern Medical
- Wellness Checks provided with Presence Health
- School Supplies, Gloves/Mittens, Coloring Books, Books, Socks, Scarves/Headbands, New Winter Coats, Beauty Supplies
- Build our Health Education Programming, Expanding Presentations
- Provide more Food Mobiles in the areas where they are Needed Most
- Achieve our Goal of Increasing Capacity to provide for the Growing Need on the East Side of our Community
- Participate in the NIFB Milk Program to provide more Fresh Milk
- Make Marie’s Community Garden Flourish
- Expand our Parking to ensure Safety for our Guests
The staff, volunteers, families and community THANK YOU for your continued dedication to the Marie Wilkinson Food Pantry!
The Community of Volunteers at Marie Wilkinson Food Pantry & Community Garden Park is committed to providing families and individuals with food in an effort to improve their living environments. We achieve this objective by meeting current and future hunger needs of our neighbors.